THE IDEAL CANDIDATES
The ideal candidates for this role demonstrate strong design skills and can easily interpret written information, translating it into an original design. Junior Graphic Designers should have great attention to detail and organizational skills that will allow them to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The ability to design and create up against fast approaching deadlines and to use creative problem solving skills is a huge plus. A creative spirit and team mentality will serve you well in this role!
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and editing designs for client projects, from logo placement to more creative, detailed designs for print on custom apparel or products. You may also create design collateral for marketing purposes, and will have the opportunity to work alongside our student marketing coordinator and creative team on a design-focused social media account.
While the focus of your role will be creating print-ready artwork for clients, you'll get to create digital collateral and work on engaging communications and creative projects. As part of a close knit team, you may also work alongside the creative and sales teams on client pitches and presentations, attend events and more. We ask that our designers continually challenge themselves to stay creative and on top of the latest trends in illustration, typography and apparel.
Junior Graphic Designer duties include, but are not limited to:
- Completing daily tasks with proficiency. Daily tasks include, but are not limited to: initial design tasks, design edits, garment and mock changes, final mock and art for production, personal projects, original design, marketing design and sending files to vendors or other departments
- Adhering closely to client brand standards, as well as licensing requirements, where applicable, while continually innovating and providing the most original, thoughtful and high quality designs for our customers
- Creating thoughtful and original artwork within our 48 hour turnaround time. Meeting these deadlines means communicating clearly with your team to maximize time management
- Understanding print design restrictions, processes and design requirements
- Maintaining a strong understanding of designing for screen printed apparel, promotional products and digital and print collateral
- Maintaining and developing a working knowledge of design formats for high resolution and effective web graphics
- Current student at Washington State University or University of Idaho studying graphic design, fine art or a related field
- Creative and artistic, of course!
- Self-motivated and creatively inspired without micromanagement
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, particularly Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of Adobe Lightroom and InDesign preferred, but not required, as long as you are experienced in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Capable of working as a team, as well as on an individual basis
- Ability to adapt to different styles outside of your own personal style and preferences, in order to meet brand standards and client requests
- Follow creative direction / respond well to critiques
- Open to constantly learning and improving your craft
- Ability to multitask without compromising creativity or quality
- Prolonged periods of sitting are required, while working on a computer.
This role is for 15 hours a week, on a part-time basis. Please note that hours are subject to change. While we aim to avoid any reduction in hours, hours are dependent upon projects and seasonal needs. This role is a year-round role, with possible accommodations made for student breaks.
WE ARE COLLEGE HILL We are a branded merchandise studio that creates custom apparel and products for businesses and organizations. We were founded in 2011 at Washington State University and are headquartered in Pullman, WA, with employees and brand reps across the country. Our industrious team of innovators is filled with creative designers, producers and strategists. We have a relaxed, fun and dynamic workspace of go-getters. We'd love you to join us!
Your application was submitted successfully.